Progressive Mechanical: Fire Protection Designer
Job Title: Fire Protection Designer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: FP Division Manager
Location: Corporate Office (Ferndale, MI.) or Satellite Office (Mt. Clemens, MI.)
ABOUT Progressive Mechanical, Inc.
Progressive Mechanical, Inc. is a full service Mechanical, Plumbing & Fire Protection company specializing in the design, fabrication and installation of these piping systems for the industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal markets. With our main office located in Ferndale, Michigan, close relationships with National contractors and Global suppliers, we have performed work across the country including Mexico and Canada. Progressive Mechanical, Inc. is classified as a specialty contractor with a strong focus on Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire Protection services. Our 12 years in business has created a strong commitment of providing excellent service to its customer base.
The fire protection designers are responsible for the mobilization and demobilization of tooling from each of our jobsites across the country. The position will require the employee to become familiar with tooling used for the construction of our projects on a daily basis. Training will be provided at the onset.
- Fire protection design.
- Perform project submittals.
- Construction coordination meetings.
- Permit applications.
- Field surveys.
- Stock listing fabrication and material orders.
- Prepare written communications for project changes.
- Strong desire for continued growth & learning Fire Protection Engineering Technician Degree or in process.
- Mechanical degree or in process (not required for employment or internship)
- Construction Management degree or in process (not required for employment or internship)
- Auto-Cad experience and Hydra-Cad experience (not required for employment or internship).
- Current knowledge of construction preferred but not required.
- Current knowledge of fire codes preferred but not required.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Strong customer service understanding.
- Ability to work in team orientated environment.
Progressive Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotion or any other condition of employment.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Josh Bersine, Division Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.